Friday, October 23

Becoming Crafty

A couple weeks ago I found a sewing machine at a Thrift store for SUPER cheap!IMG_9076 I was so excited! I have been wanting one for a little while so I could do some sewing on my scrapbook pages. The only sewing I have done is in Home Ec in 6th grade and maybe once on my mom’s machine. I just have to say for learning to sew, the internet and YouTube is awesome! I learned how to thread it, set the tension, and get the bobbin all set and threaded too.

So I’ve been playing with it lately. I found a tutorial to make a camera strap cover and the second one I made came out great!IMG_9221 I used the sewing machine to put some stitching on a layout too!IMG_9238 (My friend, Leah, put up a tutorial on how to make those cute paper flowers! Love them!)

So now I have a bunch of ideas on what to do with my new sewing machine! If you have any tips, or easy projects for this newbie, let me know!

8 comments:

Shannon H. said...

Great job! Love the fabric on the camera strap cover!

Anonymous said...

I'd like one of those camera straps!!!! hint hint...I'll send you the fabric! Just send me your address! lol...Very cute Bri, i'm impressed! And those flowers are so very adorable! Please share the site you got them from...

Brianna said...

Hey Jenn, if you click on the word tutorial it will take you to the site. :) Sorry, my links don't show up too good, I need to try and change that.

Jan said...

Very cute Bri. Who would've thought you would become the crafty one! Like the stamp on the layout. :)

Jessica, Calvin and Boomer said...

Cute strap good job!! Looks cute

Leah said...

Love the strap and your stitching looks great! Aren't those flowers addictive! I've put them on almost every page I've scrapped since I learned how to make them!

Unknown said...

wow...you did great on the page with the sewing machine...I haven't tried that yet and I know how to use mine..BTW - cute strap :)

amydc said...

Can you give me the tutorial for the camera strap?